Friday, April 19, 2013

Thank Goodness It's Done!

Kwik Sew 3889

I'm a bit OCD when it comes to finishing one project before beginning another. I can stash fabric, hoard patterns (without a second thought of sewing them) and collect any number of notions, but cut a new garment before finishing the current piece of clothing? ... Never!

The jacket has been cut since February. The sewing was pretty easy, given the KS great instructions, even the addition of lining didn't add that much to the sewing time, but I didn't like the fit of the sleeves one little bit. After tacking, unpicking, rearranging, pushing and pulling, it was obvious that with a one piece sleeve what I had was as good as it was going to get.

All the fabric had been used (it was fabric leftover from another project) cutting a 2-piece sleeve was out of the question - truth be told, if I'd gone with a toile to test the pattern, I probably wouldn't have made the jacket. At least it's one piece fabric gone, and it is a cute little jacket with jeans, and I dooo love the back detailing.



Now onto some new sewing, YEAH!!

1 comment:

Sarah Liz said...

I can see what you mean about the sleeves. Still, it got you started. Congrats for keeping going until the end.