I do actually sew quite a bit, just hopeless at blogging, even though I love reading everyone else's blog.
I'd spied a friend's draped front vest a couple of weeks ago and when she offered it up to copy, I jumped at the chance. Using a Kwik Sew pattern (2759 cardigan) front and back as a base for the vest then tracing and measuring the original collar, I was quite pleased to come up with this creation ...
The fabric is a gorgeous rayon lycra with a lovely soft hand. This was all that was left over from a t-shirt which I made in April. I really wish I'd bought more ... ah! hindsight, it's a wonderful thing.
Given the success of this foray into copying RTW, I took a dive into the vast stash to see what other suitable fabric might be hiding in the back (I'm sure you know what I mean). Would you believe I found this black burnout velvateen - who knows how long thats been lurking, unloved and unused. This time there was a little more fabric, so rather than just make the vest, I decided to add sleeves. This was a good move as there was absolutely nothing but minute scraps left after cutting the pattern. I can see this being a very useful item this winter.
Ignoring the crappy picture, this next top was another top finished over the weekend. I was given this lovely fabric from a wonderful sewing friend. I'm not sure of the content, but certainly has some lycra, and is absolutely a dream to wear. This is KS 3658 which I have made several times before, but this is the first with long sleeves (note to self to make more of these for winter as the neck finish is nice and cosy).
Last on the sewing list was to finish this jacket that I had cut out two weeks ago. It is such a very simple jacket to make, I don't know why I took so long to get it finished. It's another Kwik Sew pattern - 3334.
I have to say, I really do find Kwik Sew patterns live up to their name.
Looking back, last weekend was quite productive sewingwise.