Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Wardrobe Gaps

Ok, so Christmas and New Year have both come and gone without a new post. What can I say?

Anyway, one thing became very evident during the holiday period ... that my wardrobe is severly lacking in certain areas. Yes, I have a couple of lovely, comfortable, dressy outfits (shoes and handbag to match), but definitely "wedding" outfits. Casual outfits, same thing, but do I have anything for dinner, lunch or a party???? The answer is sadly ... NO!

With this in mind, (and mindful that I'm on a fabric diet) I decided to enter the Wardrobe Contest on Pattern Review http://sewing.patternreview.com/. I've scoured the stash and managed to find several suitable fabrics including some red silk (purchased in HK in 1991), some black shantung (5m! What the..! 2002) 5m of cool wool (I guess I had a fixation with buying 5m lengths), more black silk (bought at the same time as the red) which I'll use as lining, oh, and some rayon/viscose lycra (this is the baby, just aquired this one last year). This should give several outfits to fill the void. Embarassingly, I don't even need to purchase a single notion or thread.

Now, it's just on with the sewing.

No comments: